|FAIR TRADE: VERY USEFUL WEBSITES
|FAIRTRADE LABELLING ORGANISATION (FLO) NETWORK
FAIR TRADE ORGANIZATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES
FAIR TRADE FEDERATION (FTF)
- Incorporated in 1994, the FTF is an active member of the WFTO. It is the trade association that strengthens and
promotes North American organizations 100 percent committed to Fair Trade.
FAIR TRADE USA
- FT/USA – formerly known as TransFair USA – is a non-profit organization and the leading third-party certifier of
Fair Trade products in the USA. The organization audits and certifies transactions between US companies and
their international suppliers.
- The US Fair Trade Certified Label, shown at top left, differs from that used by other WFTO members.
FAIR WORLD PROJECT
- Fair World Project (FWP) is an independent campaign of the Organic Consumers Association which seeks to
protect the use of the term “fair trade” in the marketplace, expand markets for authentic fair trade, educate
consumers about key issues in trade and agriculture, advocate for policies leading to a just economy, and facilitate
collaborative relationships to create true system change.
FAIR TRADE ORGANIZATION IN EUROPE
EUROPEAN FAIR TRADE ASSOCIATION (EFTA)
- An association of ten Fair Trade importers in nine European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy,
the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- After its informal beginning in 1987 by some of the oldest and largest Fair Trade importers, the association gained
formal status in 1990.
FAIR TRADE FACTS AND FIGURES
Fairtrade International Annual Report 2018-2019, published 15 November 2019
WFTO Annual Report 2018
WHERE TO BUY FAIR TRADE PRODUCTS
Online Fair Trade Shops
Fairtrade America Certified Products
DISCLAIMER: Links to other websites are provided for informational purposes only. Rosaliene Bacchus is not responsible
for the information contained in articles and sites nor should it be construed that Rosaliene Bacchus endorses the views
|COPYRIGHT © 2006-2020 rosalienebacchus.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
THIS PAGE WAS LAST UPDATED ON: 13 JANUARY 2020
WEB SITE DESIGNED WITH YAHOO! SITEBUILDER BY ROSALIENE BACCHUS
The Fairtrade Labelling Organisation (FLO), with headquarters in Germany, is part of the network of
Fair Trade organizations – including the WFTO – that works together to promote fairer trade. Their 25
members worldwide produce or promote products that carry the Fairtrade Certification Mark (shown on
the left). These members include three producer networks, 24 national Fair Trade organizations, five
marketing organizations, and two applicant members.
Rosaliene's debut novel, Under the Tamarind Tree, is now available for sale. Learn more.